This year was no exeption, and I have my 10 things written down for 2013!
1. Get my P. P stands for "propedeuse" (that's dutch, and I have no idea what the english term is for that word). Getting your P basically means that you've passed all of your first years exams. So getting your P in one year, which means no re-taking classes in year 2, is quite an achievement! This really is at the top of my list, because doing well in school means a lot to me.
2. Lose weight. I won't share the exact weight because I don't want people to start comparing. But don't worry, I'm not looking to lose a lot of weight. Just a few pounds that I consider to be "baby fat" that I want to get rid of trough healthy eating and exercise, NO DIET INVOLVED! Diets are crap and they just suck you in to an obsessive cycle that ruins your social life, and the weighloss never lasts.
I actually started this resolution a little earlier and I'm almost half way there. The goal was 5 kilo's, and I'm 2 down already. But I have a feeling these last 3 are not going to be easy, but I have the entire year to do it, so just changing my lifestyle little by little will probably do the trick eventually.
3. Date. Ok, so this might sound a little bit superficial but it's not. It's just a way of giving myself that extra push to have the confidence to date. I'm not looking for a boyfriend or anything serious for that matter, but there is no harm in dating!
4. Learn how to play the guitar. I've already started and I must say I'm loving it! I already play piano and never dared to touch a guitar because I have tiny sausage fingers. But I'm actually not too bad for a beginner, but there is a lot of room for improvement, but I will never be no John Mayer or Paul McCartney. How awesome would it be if I'd be able to play this someday:
I actually heard in an interview that he wears a fake nail in order to play this song!
5. Save up some money. I'm pretty good at saving money, but it's time to really put aside some money because I really want to make a trip somewhere far next year (I'm thinking Vietnam or South-Afrika) and it would be good to have that money set and ready to be spent!
6. Try out 50 new recipes. Simply because I like cooking, I think it's important to be able to cook for yourself properly and my parents will also appreciate not having to cook 50 nights out of the 365 nights in 2013!
7. Be more balanced. I have no clue what I mean when I say that, I'm just going to have to find out.
8. Write 5 songs. I always start writing songs, but I never finish. It would be nice to actually finish a few songs.
9. Run 6 km in one go. I am an interval kind of girl. Run, walk, run, walk and so on. I would love to be able to do my usual loop in one go!
10. Finish this list, because I've never actually finished a resolutions list. I usually get about 2/3 trough.
Question: What are your resolutions?